Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 YEAR IN REVIEW

Regardless of the fact that I live an incredibly boring life, I am going to attempt to review my 2016 to, I guess, highlight how boring my life is.  

January

We returned to Wisconsin from our Christmas in Florida and I had a difficult time missing everyone

My D-I-V-O-R-C-E was finalized and I became a person I never wanted or thought that I would be. 

I had the privilege of watching the Packers experience the worst collapse in history to miss their opportunity to go to the Super Bowl (they certainly aren't getting there this year) 

Zack turned 16


February

If the Packers couldn't make it to the Super Bowl, at least the Seahawks didn't win.  

In Gator basketball, we endured the heartache of one too many buzzer beaters

The weather finally took it's toll on me by the end of February, which is normal. 

March

March started out on a fantastic note with a visit from Jon

Then ended on a bad note when he was diagnosed with pneumonia in the ER

I received my new doll which I still haven't been able to part with...but I'm getting close 

April
I took Zack on a vacation to Mt Rushmore and the Rocky Mountains
http://livingwithafullhouse.blogspot.com/2015/04/west-trip-day-one-and-two.html
http://livingwithafullhouse.blogspot.com/2015/04/west-trip-day-three.html
http://livingwithafullhouse.blogspot.com/2015/04/west-trip-day-four.html
http://livingwithafullhouse.blogspot.com/2015/04/west-trip-day-five.html
http://livingwithafullhouse.blogspot.com/2015/04/west-trip-day-six.html
http://livingwithafullhouse.blogspot.com/2015/04/west-trip-day-seven.html
http://livingwithafullhouse.blogspot.com/2015/04/west-trip-day-eight.html
http://livingwithafullhouse.blogspot.com/2015/04/west-trip-day-nine.html
http://livingwithafullhouse.blogspot.com/2015/04/west-trip-final-day.html

We spent a great day in Madison with our friends

May

We celebrated Mother's Day while my mom was visiting

I put a deposit down on an apartment in Orlando

C.J. also came for a visit and to help with the move. I had a very full apartment in May.

I said goodbye to the best job I ever had, at the best school, teaching some of the best kids in the world.  It was the best!

We took one more trip to Iron Mountain

And stopped for a last visit to Lambeau Field (for a while at least)

We attended the graduation dinner and ceremony of a very special friend

We packed up to move to Orlando
http://livingwithafullhouse.blogspot.com/2015/05/moving-day-3.html


And arrived in our "paradise" 

June

We settled into our new apartment

I bought a new car - which I later traded in 

Zack enjoyed some night swims - until they started invoking the "pool closes at 8:00" rule..which is kind of dumb in the summer when it's not even dark yet at 8:00 and still as hot as Hades. 

We enjoyed some Universal evenings

Saw Jurassic World in Imax

I was hired at Universal Studios

July

We enjoyed many more evenings at Universal (usually once a week)

I began working at the Comic Strip Cafe in Islands of Adventure

Celebrated C.J.'s birthday

Sadly, we lost a very dear friend

August

We went to Sea World for the first time

We also went to Animal Kingdom

I experienced one of the most frustrating days of my life trying to get Zack registered for school and still a week later he was not registered.  I finally decided to do home school.

September 

Zack and I went to the Magic Kingdom

I purchased a weekday annual pass for Zack and me


I was able to make one of Zack's dreams come true by taking him to a football game in the Swamp. We were lucky they pulled out the win.

We celebrated mom's birthday

I experienced my first night of Halloween Horror Nights. Little did I realize then, how much I would fall in love with it. 

And Gator nation rejoiced an undefeated September 

October

Halloween Horror Nights continued and I loved it!

C.J. and I went to EPCOT for the International Food and Wine Festival

We had a visit from my aunt and uncle and went to the Magic Kingdom with them

My poor baby was diagnosed with a severe skin infection

November 

We started the month by saying goodbye to Halloween Horror Nights....sob sob

We celebrated Jon's birthday

We went to Tampa Bay for a Lightning game

I spent most of the month dealing with car issues until Chevrolet came to my rescue

We celebrated my birthday with the longest drive to Daytona Beach ever

December 

Zack and I went to Disney Studios for the Osborne Spectacle of Lights

C.J., Zack, and I went to Sea World to check out their Christmas decorations

Mom and dad came down to Orlando and we went to Universal Studios

We spent a family night at Dave and Busters

I got to see Mannheim Steamroller at Universal

Zack and I went to Gainesville for a Gator's basketball game

We experienced a warm December and a record breaking end of December.  5 out of the last 6 days in December Orlando set record high temps. 

After a miserable Christmas Eve, we had a nice family Christmas Day 

Cannot wait to see what 2016 has in store for me.  

Happy New Year





No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...