Tuesday, December 8, 2015

The Healing Power of a Good Vacuum

It is a well known fact that vacuum cleaners and I do not get along.  I'm not sure why they hate me so much.  I treat them with kindness and gentleness because I want to be their friend but they just don't play along.  

Anyway, I have suspected for a few weeks now that my vacuum cleaner went on strike and quit working but was hoping that, even though I have very limited knowledge about vacuums, I could get it working again by fiddling around with it.  

But such was not to be.  My vacuum cleaner seemed determined to end our relationship.  So, I found myself at Wal-Mart on Saturday to find a new friend.  I parked myself in the vacuum cleaner section for about 15 minutes so that it would appear as if I put a lot of thought in this decision but really, since I'm a woman, the decision comes down to which vacuum cleaner looks the coolest and is available in my favorite color. 

In the end, I chose a Bissell turbo bagless vacuum similar to this.


And once I got my new pal home and she started working, I realized just how badly I needed her.  It turns out my old friend must have quit working a while ago.  

These first two are the dust that was just in my bedroom alone!





These two are after vacuuming the living room. 



I'll spare the pictures of Zack's room...needless to say it was the worst of all and required multiple dumpings.

I hope my new vacuum and I have a long lasting relationship.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...