Saturday, April 4, 2015

West Trip Day Three

First on the agenda today was changing rooms.  Last night we were in room 221 and the floor in the room above us creaked terribly.  Not that big of a deal except the person in that room must have been walking a marathon up there.  Seriously, I never knew one could walk around in a hotel room so much...I mean there is NO WHERE to go.  But all night last night up until midnight and then starting again at 7:30 this morning...ugh!

So we moved our stuff down a couple doors to room 215.  Then it was off to Mt. Rushmore.  This place is so much different than I remember it being.  There must be a new viewing area because I don't remember being that close - or having to look up. 




zoom lens - not blurry = love my new camera







After we were done here, we headed over to Crazy Horse. Serious waste of time and money.  I had looked online yesterday (mostly to see about pet policies) and saw that viewing the monument was free and that pets were allowed to roam around with you in the viewing area (on a leash of course).  There was a bus tour to the base of the monument which pets could not take that was $11.00 per person.  

Neither Zack nor I were interested in the bus tour anyway so I thought we would go and just walk around and look so imagine my surprise when we were greeted as we drove in and told it would be $22.00!!!!!!  

The view was terrible!
Zoom lens - you're really not that close at all!

Can you see it in the background there? That rock jutting up that really doesn't look like anything

zoom lens again


After lunch at a Dairy Queen we drove back to the motel taking another view of Mount Rushmore on the way.

Then I had to go here:


Serious tooth pain!  And of course it happens on a Saturday!  Actually it has been giving me problems for a couple days...I just like putting these things off hoping they'll go away.  Anyway, I needed some antibiotics for an infection.  Hopefully that will take care of it.  I do not have dental insurance anymore so I REALLY hope that takes care of it!  He was going to give me Tramadol for the pain - but - no need!  I already have enough of that.  

Zack and I went to Ruby Tuesdays for a late(r) dinner and then back to the motel to lounge around and watch the Kentucky/Wisconsin game.  The best part...Wisconsin won!!!Which means Kentucky lost!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...