Friday, October 23, 2015

Four Days of Disney - Day Four

I picked up our annual passes today...

We got these cards but were instructed to come home and order our wristbands online (which I already did - they should arrive this week).  

For today, we used the final day of our 4 day resident ticket.  



Decorating for fall




My aunt and uncle flew into Tampa Bay from Milwaukee the other day and were going to the Magic Kingdom today.  Initially we planned to meet up with them on Tuesday at Universal but for several reasons it worked out much better for all involved to get together today. 



We had such a nice day.  Again, the weather was practically perfect - lots of blue skies, temps about 80*, and a slight breeze to occasionally cool us off.  

This is only the second time my aunt and uncle had been to the Magic Kingdom and, apparently, the first time they were there my uncle had shingles (not pleasant) and they spent the whole day in Tomorrowland.  So we were happy to introduce them to some new rides. They were not fans of thrill rides so we began the day at the Haunted Mansion.
Disney is upping their game by making their wait lines more interactive and interesting...possibly done to keep up with Universal.




After the ride we had been in the park for all of about an hour and Zack was apparently starving! So we headed over to our favorite restaurant. 

Good ole English fish and chips.

With his urgent food craving satisfied, Zack was game to endure another ride through It's a Small World. Actually he played around on his phone through the whole ride...but my aunt and uncle really enjoyed it.









Zack and I really wanted to do Splash Mountain but my aunt and uncle weren't really keen on the drop so while we did that, they went on Thunder Mountain...I gave them the tip to ask to sit in the front and they said they really enjoyed it. On this particular ride the back is the place to sit if you want more speed and thrills...which they did not. 









Success!!! It  didn't break down today!

After that I let Zack go ride Space Mountain by himself while I took my aunt and uncle on Pirates of the Caribbean (no pictures).  Then we made our way over to Tomorrowland.



We met up with Zack and had some sodas and went on Buzz Lightyear. We got a great laugh over the fact that my uncle did not know who Buzz Lightyear was...had never heard of him.


We also had a great laugh over the photos after the ride. My aunt and uncle both looked so intense while Zack was chewing on his fingers and I wasn't even looking in the right direction.  Turns out they had a very serious competition going on in their vehicle for high score.  

We still had 20 minutes before we planned on leaving and they suggested the Speedway. We were game.  I didn't care if I drove or not so rather than taking up another whole car for myself, I just rode with Zack.  Let's just say he won't be getting his license anytime soon.  Holey moley he was all over the road. But Bless his heart he was trying.  



Link to video of his crazy-out-of-control driving:
Tommorowland Speedway

Other assorted pictures







No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...