Friday, November 6, 2015

Hip Hip Horree - I'm 23

Taking a break from Halloween Horror Nights Recap to dedicate this post to middle son, Jon, who turned 23 today.  

Since I still don't have my car back from the mechanics shop (that is another whole story!!!) and it appears as if Monday will be the soonest it will be ready, we started the evening by renting a car for the weekend.  I love these little extras that aren't in my monthly budget!!  

I was dropped off at the Embassy Suites on International Drive and $150.00 later I was given the keys to a Ford Focus wagon with Virginia license plates - so we get to pretend we are from Virginia all  weekend.  

We drove off with our new car that is complete with all the gadgets (it even has one of those cameras that shows what is behind you when you are backing up) and we met Chris, C.J., and Jon at Red Robin for dinner.  

I thought this would be a good opportunity to see just how much Jon knew about his birth so I asked the following questions:

Me: "Jon, do you know what time you were born?" 

Jon: "9:30"

Nope - 10:08 a.m.

Me: "How much did you weigh?"

Jon: "8 pounds"

Nope - 6lbs. 6ozs. 

Me: "And how long were you?"

Jon: "22 inches"

Nope - 19 inches

Clearly he had no idea!!!  

After dinner we went back to Chris's house where he had a cake and Thomas the Tank Engine decorations set up.  






Jon was a good sport and even put on the Percy conductor's hat - as long as we promised not to spread it all over Facebook and embarrass him.  




 We "sang" Happy Birthday and he blew out the candles

Even Zack tried to put the hat on. Tried being the operative word. We don't call him Eddie Big Headdie for nothing.




Where is my little boy? The years have just flown by.




Happy Birthday Jonathan David

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...