Monday, November 2, 2015

Final Night

Halloween Horror Nights 2015 is in the books.

Thanks to my son I have a record of my final house count...

Monsters and Mayhem: 4
American Werewolf in London (my 1st house): 7
Freddy vs. Jason: 9
Body Collectors: 9
Run: 9
Insidious: 8
Purge: 7
Walking Dead: 6
Asylum in Wonderland: 9

Total: 64 houses

Plus I saw the Jack Show twice and Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure about 10-12 times.   

The last night almost didn't get off the ground when we arrived and found ourselves in the midst of a mob of people waiting for the gates to open.  I DO NOT do well in these types of situations and my anxiety level was rising by the minute. Chaos is not my friend! By the end of the 1/2 hour or so wait, I was doing everything in my power to keep myself together which included praying, keeping my head down, and covering my ears.  

Once we were inside though, everything was great.  We brought Zack along for the final night and while he would only do one house (Asylum in Wonderland), he had fun going on rides while C.J. and I went through our fave houses one last time...ever.  It feels so surreal to say that.

 Everything is still so vivid for me...the props, the scare actors, even the smells...it's hard to imagine not being able to enjoy that atmosphere any more.  


The Bill and Ted show was probably my favorite part of HHN.  We saw the show twice last night...once at 8:30 (normal show) and the final show at 12:15 AM!  This show is for die hard Bill and Ted fans only.  The audience has seen the show so many times that they know the script and say the lines along with the actors.  The stage actors also do a lot of improvisation that creates humor and excitement.  It was a lot of fun and well worth staying for.  

I paid to park in preferred parking so we could avoid the parking exodus and we had a smooth and traffic free exit.  $5.00 well spent in my opinion.  

C.J. tells me that this year was an anomaly as far as weather was concerned. There was not a single night that required the wearing of long pants much less sweatshirts, coats, hats, or gloves.    It was warm - just the way I like it. 


86* at 7:13 with a real feel of 91*

78* at almost midnight with real feel of 85* (ignore the fingerprints)

And now - some final pictures:




















Fog machine





Tomorrow I will do a "house/scare zone/show critique

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...