Saturday, January 2, 2016

It was a Coffee Kind of Day

Wow! Five down, tomorrow off, and then 2 more to go and I am feeling great!  Well, mostly great.  Today I was very, very, very, very, very, very (you get the idea) tired.  

I stayed up too late last night watching a movie and then, once I was in bed, it took a while to turn my brain off and fall asleep. The last time I looked at the clock was at 1:55.  

That wasn't a big deal because I didn't have to work until 11:00 so I I had set my alarm for 9:30.  Instead, Zack woke me up about 5:15 complaining about not feeling well and wanted me take him to the ER.  My first thought was, "go back to bed and I'll call the doctor when the office is open."  

Then I remember it was Saturday - and that I had to work - so we got into the car and went to the closest ER.  

In short, he was diagnosed as having strep throat and a respiratory infection.  We got home about 8:45 and Zack went straight to bed while I started getting ready for work.  

Speaking of work, we had an interesting and scary situation.  Yesterday, when I arrived, most of Toon Lagoon was roped off and evacuated and the police were there. My first thought was a bomb threat but what actually happened is that a person who was a contract worker at Universal, got into an altercation with someone (not a guest) and ended up stabbing that person in the neck.  Today we were told that the victim had surgery this morning and was in critical condition and the guy was charged with attempted murder.  Crazy situation.  

I worked from 11:00-6:00.  I really can't believe I'm still awake...I won't be for long though.  By the time I got home from work Zack had a fever (102*) that he had not had this morning in the ER.  Hopefully, I don't get it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...