Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Newest Team Member

I knew before I moved down here that Universal Studios was the place I wanted to work while I took this year to regroup myself and work towards getting a teaching certificate for Florida.  

Both of my older boys work there and love it (as much as you can love a job).  I have to say, Universal treats their "team members" very well!  I love being around people and showing kindness and smiling and hoping that by being friendly and pleasant that maybe someone's day was a little brighter and better.  

Unfortunately, things did not work out as I had hoped.  I filled out an application at the end of April and awaited a response but did not get one.  I had C.J. check with his superior who advised me to go to a job fair that was being held on June 5 but when I showed up for it I was told it was only for those who had received invitations. 

So after that let down, I went home and sent an e-mail inquiring about the status of my application.  I received a reply with a link to a site where I could set up an interview so I made an appointment for yesterday afternoon.  

The man (boy - he was a lot younger than me) interviewing me asked me a few questions and obviously liked how I responded to them because he said immediately, "I want to hire you - I love your personality."  

He had to search the computer for 15 minutes before he finally found a fit for me because of my supposed "limited hours".  Even though the only limitations I had were no availability on Sunday and prefer to be done by 10:00 pm because of a teenage son at home.  



I have orientation a couple days next week but then will not start working for a couple more weeks.  I am technically a seasonal part-time employee which means that after August my job could end but he said not to worry because most seasonal employees who are good workers get regular employment after the summer ends. 

After the interview, as long as I was on "that side of town," I did some grocery shopping at Target.



This gal refuses to go to Wal-Mart.

Oh, and it was a hot one yesterday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...