Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Two Down Five to Go

One cannot comprehend the number of people in Orlando this week.  If I wasn't here to witness it firsthand, I don't think I would believe it.  Work has been crazy. In a way busy is better.  The time goes so much quicker when we are busy.  And overall things run pretty smoothly. The kitchen staff all but ignores their order screens and just make a ton of everything and put it under the heat lamps for the grabbing.  BUT, there are always people who need to be difficult and have a "special order" that requires time to prepare.  
Here are some of my favorites of the day:

- always one of my favorites is people who want their cheeseburgers plain.  If they are ordered that way then we give it to them plain. But there are always a certain number of people who, when the cheeseburger is placed in front of them, ask for it plain.  It is served with an open bun and with lettuce, tomato, and pickles.  If you want the burger plain all that is required is to grab those three items with your pincer grasp and throw them out.  But you would be surprised the number of people who make us remove the burger from the tray and haul it back to the cooks so that they can remove those garnishes with their pincer grasp.  One of these times I would love to just remove the stuff right in front of them and throw it away to show them how easy it is to do yourself - but, of course, I don't and never would.  

- Had an order for a coffee today but when I served it the conversation went something like this:
Lady: "Oh, no.  That is not what I wanted."
Me: "Okay, what did you want? Did you want tea or hot chocolate?"
Lady: "No. I wanted a latte.  You fill the bottom 1/4 of the cup with coffee and the rest with milk."  
She must have us confused with Starbucks. 
My team captain was standing next to me and we both stood there in disbelief. After a couple minutes we just decided to give her the full cup of coffee, a bottle of milk, and an empty cup so she could make it herself. 

- Had an order for two cheese pizzas today. Our pizzas are the size of a paper plate and are cut into four equal slices.  Except, for some unknown reason, this lady did not want her pizza cut! So nevermind that there were seven cheese pizzas for the immediate taking, it took 5 minutes to cook new pizzas for her. 

- Had an order for a fish sandwich.  Except the sandwich and the fries each had to be cooked in separate oil.  Now, I understand it was probably for either food allergies or religious reasons and I would never begrudge anybody either of those things. It's just frustrating when, again, there are baskets of fish for the taking but I have to wait 10 minutes for a special order.  

Tomorrow off and then right back at it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...