Thursday, April 9, 2015

West Trip Day Eight

A very booooooring driving day.  The morning began a bit earlier than Zack would have liked but still a respectable hour (8:00).  We packed up and headed out  taking I25 down to Denver and then picking up I70 which will take us straight to St. Louis.  

I never knew there were states that were more boring than Wisconsin!  But, surprisingly, there are and Kansas is one of them.  Eastern Colorado is equally boring.  



The distance between cities is not to be believed.  You know how they have signs that say, "Rest Area...next Rest Area is 75 miles away?"   Well, they should have similar signs for cities here.  "City name...next city is 40 miles away (but it will feel like 400 miles)"



It's an absolute wonder I didn't fall asleep at the wheel...thank goodness I had The Office DVDs to keep me entertained.



Oh...and talk about windy!!!  The wide open prairie = WINDY!!!!  Every once in a while a tumbleweed would make its way across the road in front of me which also kept me slightly entertained.




We passed up opportunities to visit things such as "Prairie Dog Village" and the "Greyhound Hall of Fame" and "Dwight D Eisenhower Library and Museum."  Yes, I am serious.  I am sure Ollie would have loved Prairie Dog Village though!!!



We finally stopped for the night just short of my goal (which was Topeka) and we ordered pizza from Pizza Hut so we didn't have to go out.
Zack's bed is the messy one


Tomorrow: St Louis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...