Sunday, December 6, 2015

And Now...Universal

Rounding out our theme park hopping was Universal Studios today.

I was able to get my parent's free tickets so they drove down from Palm Coast to spend the day (and night) with us.

Universal's decorations were nothing like those at Hollywood Studios or Sea World.  They were pretty but very generic. I would love to see Universal get the Osborne lights next year.  

It was a beautiful day but after the sun went down it got pretty cool.  Since neither Zack nor I were smart enough to bring a sweatshirt, we left early and only got to hear Trans Siberian Orchestra play one song. That means I will have to go back next week to hear them.  

We began the day in Islands of Adventure and tried to find tame rides that my parents would like. We decided on Cat in the Hat and the Seuss Trolley.







After those two rides we took the train over to Universal and spent the rest of the day there.  My mom, dad, and I walked around Hogsmeade while C.J. and Zack went on The Mummy. We all went on E.T. and the Simpson's Ride (which my mom hated...she had her eyes closed for the whole ride and buried her face in my dad's shoulder.  







The highlight of the day, though, was the Macy's Parade.  My mom and dad really enjoyed it. I really have a hate relationship with parades in theme parks but this one was very good. Picture overload - you've been warned.





























By the time we were done with dinner, it was dark out so Zack went on the Mummy one more time while we walked around looking at the Christmas decorations. 


There weren't too many and most of them were not photo worthy. Now we take a theme park break until Thursday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...