Friday, June 5, 2015

New Car Friday

One of the things on my agenda once I got to Orlando was purchasing a "new" car - meaning new to me but slightly used.  

I was very specific in what I wanted
- 2012 or newer
- under 30,000 miles
-  a 1-3  year warranty
- under $15,000.00 

I began my search on the internet and eventually narrowed it down to a couple cars that fit every criteria at Toyota of Orlando.  The used cars came with a 6 month warranty but I could negotiate for a longer one.  Before I headed over there this afternoon I checked their website to see if those two particular cars were still there and lo and behold - I found IT!  

It was billed as their "monthly advertised special." 

A 2015 Toyota Corolla
- brand new
- 34 miles
- a 100,000 mile warranty
-$14,900.00

Extras Included
- free oil changes and tire rotations for 3 years
- free 24 hour lifetime roadside assistance
- free car wash anytime I want.  

I paid extra to have the windows tinted - a must in Florida.  

So I went a bit over budget but for a 100,000 mile warranty and a brand new car I thought it was worth it.  I wrote out a check for the $14,900.00 and then took out a small $2,000 loan for the tax, license plate, etc.  

They tell me they only offer 1 car a month at this price.  I would tend to think that was bull if it wasn't such an amazing deal.  They could not sell too many cars at that price and make a profit.  Perhaps they would have tried to sell me something bigger and more expensive but I made it clear right away what my bottom line was ($15,000) and I would be paying up front with no financing (that helps).  

It was raining tonight so I could not get my own pictures but here is the one from their website.

And here is the odometer.

47 miles...I had put 13 miles on it at this point.  And check it out - only 73*.  As I said, it was raining.  

I love it.

In other news today...

I spent an hour by the pool reading and Zack came down and swam for about 15 minutes.

Zack and I went to the Orlando Ale House for dinner and when we came home an amazing full rainbow was right outside our door.



It was much more beautiful in person.  

Even Ollie was impressed.

Well, okay, maybe he wasn't, but he sure looks cute.  

And that was our Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...