Sunday, December 20, 2015

Favorties of Years Past

It started while I was on pintrest looking at vintage Christmas photos (1960's and 1970's). I recognized a toy in one of the photos and began feeling very nostalgic.  Suddenly I was a mad woman googling some of my favorite toys/presents from my childhood.  

Some are quite a hoot looking at them in the current time period. 

1). Crissy Doll
This was by far my favorite doll when I was little.

The length of the hair on her head cold be adjusted. She was the first doll I ever had that you could bend her legs and, because she was quite large, my mom retrieved all my old baby clothes from the attic and I would use them and change her clothes.  My sister and my cousin also got one for Christmas that year (probably around 1973).

2). Barbie House




Now, it is important to note that the only time I really ever got to play with this was when my sister was not around.  We laugh about it now but she was incredibly bossy and HAD to have her own way all!the!time!  And because I am, by nature, a calm and quite person who doesn't like conflict, I was a sitting duck for her control.  So, she always got to use the house as her home and I had to use the Barbie airplane.  

3). Barbie Airplane



Yes, that would be what I was forced to use as my house.  Somehow, I made it work.  

4). Barbie Camper



And this would be what I was forced to use as my family vehicle because my sister would have to use the car.

5). Barbie Car




She had to have the best.

6). Dollhouse

This was quite a beaut back then.

7). View Master
Hours Minutes of entertainment right here. 

And slides

The slides usually came in packs of 3

And, by far, my favorite slides were those from Disneyland (I could only find 2 of the 3 on Google)


8). Games and other stuff


"I don't think I would have been able to survive my breakup with Holly had it not been for Toss Across."  Michael Scott.  

I never had this because...how can this possibly be any fun?

9). Our play kitchen
We had so much fun with this thing.  And who wouldn't want to have these attractive yellow appliances?
 


10). Christmas stocking candy


ALWAYS in our Christmas stockings were these mixed candies and Life Savers Book.  My favorites were Wild Cherry, Butter Rum, and the Five Flavor.  

11). Fisher Price Clock


The memories are flooding my mind.  Hard to believe there was actually entertainment value in watching the clock hands go around and around.

12).  Fisher Price Barn

I remember that when you closed the barn door it would make a mooing sound.

13) Fisher Price Schoolhouse

The roof doubled as a magnetic board.  Yep...fun, fun, fun!

14). Fisher Price Garage

I didn't have this at home but my babysitter had one so I would play with it over there.  Once the car reached the top of the elevator the car would be pushed out and slide down the ramp.  

Seems funny to look back and think that these items kept us busy and playing for hours on end.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...