Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Mini Vaca Day Two

Well---to start with no one slept well last night.  Ollie was very restless and jumped on and off my bed at regular intervals. Usually when I finally managed to drift off to sleep.  Then there was the fact that we were sleeping in a room that could have doubled as a fireplace.  We are currently in the middle of a record warm streak and, while my parents had the air conditioning on, it apparently does not vent into the room we were in.  Lesson learned - tonight we are keeping the door open.  

This morning (really more towards noon) we went to Walgreens where I scarfed up four more boxes of Black Forest fruit snacks.  I think they are discontinuing them because I have cleaned out all 5 Walgreens stores in Orlando and the are not restocking.  So I plan to hit up the other store in Palm Coast before I leave and also the one in Daytona Beach on the way home.  

After scoring the fruit snacks and picking up a couple items at the Dollar Tree, we went to McDonalds where my mom and I took advantage of their all day breakfast menu while Zack had his staple chicken nuggets and fries. 

Of course Ollie had to come along while we ran these errands because of course he did.  Don't even try to leave without him!  He makes sure to barricade the door.



At night we went to Manny's for pizza and then walked around the Twi-Light Motel light display.  The lights and decorations are unbelievable.  And because it was so nice out - hello 80*- it was packed with people.

















Before going home we took a ride through Sugar Mill - a development next to my parent's community - where every house is worth at least a million dollars and 95% of the houses have lights and decorations.  

They were all very nice but then we saw this:

So so cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...