Friday, November 7, 2014

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day Seven

My sister



If you had told me thirty years ago that I would be thankful for my sister and writing on my blog about how much I love her I would have laughed out loud right in your face.


Really, if you had told me this ten years ago I would have denied it.

Truth is, my sister and I have had our share of challenges - mostly because of her.  No joke.  When we were growing up she controlled me, bossed me around, and nagged me into submission.  

Once I got married and moved out our relationship improved...especially after I had the boys.  They were her life and she was a wonderful aunt. 

But drugs got in the way of our relationship and in the way of her leading a productive life. Addicted to narcotics, she drifted from job to job and she moved back and forth between my house and my parent's house. 
 


But for the past 8 years she has remained free of narcotics and has been working at the same job.  She lives with her two cats in a cute little one bedroom apartment in Daytona Beach.  


Now that she is a normal person we get along very well and I am looking forward to living somewhat near to her again and being able to do things together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...