Sunday, November 9, 2014

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day Nine

My Apartment

In the big picture...I am just so very thankful to have a place to live. With many people homeless and living on the street or in shelters, I never take for granted how blessed I am to have a roof over my head. I am thankful that I was able to pay all my rent up front when I moved in and not have to worry about that month to month expense.  


In a smaller way though, this apartment represents peace, love, and family.  The boys always loved the times J worked nights - or the weekends he had to work because they felt like they could relax and not feel as if they were going to get verbally attacked at any given time.   Later in our marriage, I loved those times too because I knew the boys were happy.   There was a totally different atmosphere when J was working from the atmosphere when he was home.   

Now in our snug little apartment we can just relax all the time.  We have decided to fill our apartment with peace and love and everyone is so much happier.  

Also...with our last bitter cold winter coming up I am thankful beyond words that heat is included in my rent.  I can crank up the heat and not have to worry about paying the bill.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...