Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Be the Thunder

Last night C.J., Zack, and I drove to Tampa Bay to watch the Lightning Game.  


We stopped for dinner on the way there at Applebee's



We had a great time and the Lightning escaped with a 2-1 win which made it even better.  

The highlight of the evening was at what appeared would be a low point for the Lightning.  They had just been issued a penalty giving their opponent a full 4 minute Power Play in the final minutes of the 2nd period.  Up 1-0 at the time, a tie game at intermission seemed a certainty...until!!! A breakaway goal by a Lightning player resulted in a penalty and a penalty shot and instead of being tied 1-1, the Lightning were up 2-0.  











I wish I had gotten a video of the penalty shot but it all happened too fast for me.  I don't know all the rules of hockey and didn't realize a penalty shot would be taking place.  I only got the resulting horn and replay. LOVE that horn...and how cool is that T shaped bar that conducts the lightning!



Here is someone who was on the ball and got the whole thing on video

I am thankful for safe and easy travels and a great evening with my boys.  




Fight





1st Intermission 

2nd Intermission






That was such a fun year



BTW:
This bank in downtown Tampa always interests me...it looks like a house on top of a building to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...