Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day Eighteen

Tramadol

Oh I am so very thankful that I found this medication.   I still vividly remember my doctor walking into the room while I was crying because I was in so much pain.  

We discussed options and I left with the prescription that would change my life.  I ran into the pharmacy like a mad woman putting all my hope for a normal life in that one bottle of pills.  I took one that night...and one the next morning. I remember thinking about noon that day that I had had 0 pain.  



Now, most days I am 99% pain free.  Occasionally I will get some nerve pain in my ears or in my upper right leg...but those are few and far between. Some days I can feel throbbing pain in my upper body but those are few and far between also.

The only thing the Tramadol has not helped is the hyper-sensitivity to touch.  If someone touches my upper, outer arms it is very painful...as if I have a huge bruise there.  

Overall, I am very grateful for this medication and it appears as if I can continue to take it long term since I have been using it for 14 months and have only had to one increase...and I am still on the lowest dose (50 mg).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...