Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day Four

Ollie



I have always loved dogs... according to my mom I would crawl to the TV when I heard the Lassie theme song playing before I could walk - and I was walking when I was 10 months old - so yeah...even that young I loved dogs.  


Besides the fact that I think they are cute (minus pugs and bulldogs) I love how faithful they are.  They just want to be loved and to give love.  


As the big dog in Ollie's pack, he does his best to protect me - but if anyone says hi to him...game over.  Protection mode is gone and he has a new best friend. 

Ollie has taken over Zack's nickname as "my shadow" and I cannot even go to the bathroom without him laying outside the door waiting for me.  

If I go to bed...he goes to bed. If I go down to do laundry...he goes down to sniff out mice.  If I go in the car...he thinks he should go too...even if it means waiting in the car while I go in a store or a restaurant.  I rarely get out the door without him.  


He loves to cuddle and loves squirrels, chipmunks, mice, and bunnies.  Like most dogs, he adores going for walks but is not the best leash walker because he never really needed to be on a leash when we had 5 acres to run around on.  



He has the cutest little under bite that makes him look like he's smiling.

I know I am somewhat partial, but he really is a great dog!  He usually listens very well, does not bark a whole lot, and NEVER would bite or nip anyone.  Never even come close to it.  He's never nipped at the vet when they stick the scope down his ears (which he hates) and has never nipped at the groomers even though he hates that too!  He sometimes has five or six kids crowding around him and he never gets overwhelmed - in fact he loves it!  I can bring him to school and do not ever have to worry about him biting.  



I am so glad he is a part of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...