Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day Nineteen

Ex-husband

I know this sounds weird and if I was writing this 15 years ago I certainly wouldn't feel the same way(or we wouldn't be divorced).  

But today...I am so thankful for him.  I accept full responsibility for our divorce - not for the events leading up to the divorce - but for the divorce itself.  He was willing to work things out...I was not.  I now realize that at the time I did not love myself so I was totally incapable of loving him.  

I only say all this to point out that he had every reason to hate me...to be mean to me and to make my life miserable.  But he did not.  He has always been very kind to me and he is such a great father to our boys.   

He has always supported me in decisions I made regarding the boys - even if that meant following through with a discipline imposed by me but carried out during his time with the boys.  

I am so grateful that I have a partner who was willing to put the needs and feelings of his children ahead of his own.   I think we have co-parented pretty successfully.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...