Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day Twenty

God/Jesus

Growing up I was a Catholic.  I went to Catholic grade school and Catholic high school so I have always had God in my life in some capacity.  But as Catholics we were indoctrinated to pray to Mary, pray to saints for intersession, and view the Bible as an interpretation of God's word.  The Vatican took great liberties in interpreting the Bible and then making and enforcing man made rules for Catholics to follow.  All prayers were recited from a book or recited from memory.  

At one point in my life I began questioning these things, doing research on them, and then choosing to follow a different path in my relationship with God.  I do not have anything against Catholics - it just didn't work for me.  I do believe the Bible is the true word of God.  I do believe I need only to pray to God - I do not need intersession.  I do believe my prayers mean more when they come from my heart and not a book. 

But I am so thankful that my parent's brought me up to believe in God.  The foundation they gave me is responsible for the relationship I have with God and my relationship with God is the foundation in which I live my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...