Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Wisconsin Trip - Day Three

We woke up to ---SNOW, of course.  That didn't take long.  It snowed all morning and the end result was about 3.5 inches.  

After a relaxing morning at home, Zack and I headed into school and did some visiting.  He was greeted by all his friends and sat with them at lunch.  I said hello to all my former colleagues and then I was bombarded by the middle school kids who were begging me to come back.  I felt very loved!  I really do miss those kids immensely.  

Then Zack and I went to one of our faves - Tortilla Flats!  We like Chili's chips but I cannot find any salsa that comes close to competing with Tortilla Flats.  





For dinner I browned some hamburger and cut up some onion and tomato and we had quick and easy burrito's before we headed out.  We drove to Sheboygan (about 1 hr and 15 min) to watch the Valley Christian boys regional game.  

Zack was able to connect with Coach G.  I cannot begin to describe all this man has meant to Zack.  He has been one of the biggest positive male role models in his life.  





The game itself did not go well.  The boys got off to a very slow start as opposed to the other team which hit 4 3-pointers in a row. They quickly found themselves down 22-2.  





It was also not unusual to see the other team on the free throw line.  LOTS of fouls called...Two of the kids fouled out and another four of them had 4 fouls each.  I will not comment on the validity of the calls.  

In the end, there remained a 20 point differential in the score so, after the slow start, the playing evened out.  I felt so bad for the seniors on the team as it was their last game.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...