Saturday, March 12, 2016

Weekly Meal Planning

I will be the first one to admit that I have not been very good about making dinners for Zack and me.  We eat out far more often than we should because it's just the two of us and it is easy to become lazy and not cook.

To hold myself accountable, I am going to try to post a weekly menu plan and also, at the end of the week, evaluate how well I stuck to it.

So here goes:

Saturday:
Spaghetti and corn
I am used to making spaghetti the hard way.  Because I am Italian, a recipe has been handed down for homemade sauce and meatballs that are to die for.  But lately, I just make it the quick way...cook the noodles, heat up spaghetti sauce from a jar, and serve.  Zack loves it either way so my rationale has been why go through all the extra work.   However, I may start making my own sauce again (just not this week) and then freeze a bunch.  

Sunday 
Panko crusted chicken tenders and garlic knots
This is another favorite of Zack's and is pretty quick and easy to make.  Win/Win

Monday 
Tacos
For Zack, this equates to throwing some taco seasoned meat into a taco shell.  But for me, I like tomatoes, lettuce, and sour cream on my taco along with the meat.

Tuesday  
Macaroni and cheese, hot dogs, and green beans
I have to work this day so I want something quick and easy and not difficult to make.  This fits the need. 

Wednesday 
Pizza Night
I have to work Monday, Tuesday, AND Wednesday next week (which is highly unusual).  I am planning on being exhausted by Wednesday night and will not be in he mood to cook.  Also, since I work until 6:30 that night, I probably won't be home until close to 7:00.

Thursday Night
Cheese Ravioli and Asparagus
Zack loves anything that has spaghetti sauce on it.  Sometimes I will eat the ravioli without the sauce.  I plan to use the other half of the jar from Saturday night. 

Friday Night
BBQ Ribs and corn on the cob
Ribs are usually very cheap and this is one of my favorite meals.  I use Sweet Baby Rays sauce, add a little bit of water, brown sugar, and ketchup and then bake (covered) in a roasting pan at 350* for about 2.5 hours adding more sauce and basting the ribs every half hour.  Makes them very tender and flavorful.  

Saturday Night
Eat out
Saturday night is Mardi Gras night so we will either stop and eat on the way to Universal or eat once we get to Universal.  









No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...