Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Game Number Two

While it seems like last basketball season just ended, a new one is beginning. This year Zack is on the A team full time.

Tonight was game #2.  It is my goal to cover each game and to keep track of his stats on here - as much as possible.  

Game #1 was not one of his best games...I think it was a combination of first game jitters and his mind being occupied by the fact that I was not there due to the funeral.  Also, according to his friend's parents, the refs were pretty tough on him and he found himself in foul trouble early in the game so had to sit out a lot.  In the end he had 2 points...but that is all I know.

Today, he was in a groove!  He ended the game with 10 points, 6 blocks, 9 rebounds, and 3 steals. They won the game 28-20 but 2 of their points were scored when a child from the other team accidentally put the ball in wrong basket.

I wasn't expecting such a performance playing on the A team and it is yet to be seen whether he will consistently perform on this level...but I am proud of his never ending effort.




It's hard to get a clear picture with a cheap camera and a kid who won't stop moving...sigh...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...