Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Little Bit of a Vent!!

Work related issues to vent on here.

First off, I want to say that I love my job and I love my school.  This doesn't change that

That doesn't mean I don't occasionally get frustrated with things that happen there...I am only human after all. And, right now, frustration is  looming over my head like a black storm cloud waiting to erupt!

Here is the situation:

A normal Friday schedule for me would be:
6th grade: 8:15-9:00
7th grade: 9:55-10:40
8th grade: 12:15-1:00
4th grade: 1:05-1:50

About a month ago:
 Knowing that I would want to leave next week on Friday, December 21st, for Florida, I took a personal day (we get two a year).

A couple weeks later...
I find out that the Middle School is having a modified schedule that day with only 4 periods and NO SPECIALS!  Really?...that only leaves me with one class that day-  Fourth Grade

A week after that...
I ask the fourth grade teacher if she would change her computer time that Friday to earlier in the week...that afternoon is packed for her with Christmas parties and such anyway so she jumps at the idea.

Now things are really falling into place!!! NO classes on Friday = no reason to have a sub= no personal day needed= being able to take a personal day on Thursday = being able to leave a day earlier! 

EXCEPT!!!!!! NO!!!!!  WAIT!!!HOLD!!!!ON!!! NOT!!!SO!!!FAST!!!

When the final schedule came out...they gave me the 8th graders for 4th period that day!!!!! SAY??????WHAT??????

I was flabbergasted to say the least...6th, 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th grade = no specials that day, only core subjects.  Why, then, would 8th grade be the only class to have a special?  Hmmmm? 

I can only imagine that they had no where else to put them so they just dumped them in Computer for that period. 

Now....I am faced with the possibility of having to take a whole personal day for one stinkin' 45 minute class!!!!  I wrote an e-mail to the powers that be stating my case...but unless they have mercy on me, this is how it is going to be. 

Yeah, I'm a little angry!

UPDATE:  It's a go!!  They took pity on me and gave me the extra day Thursday.  Now, my only concern...driving through Atlanta on a Friday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...