Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Day Fourteen

Today was mellow and calm - which I very much appreciated after the past couple days!

It was also pretty sad.  Right after waking up this morning I got a text that the mother of someone I work with had died this morning.  Then I get on Facebook and see a general message to our church community to pray for a woman who lost her 2 year old son.  She put him to bed the night of the 23rd - and he never woke up.

How do you ever get over something like that - you don't!  Ever!  All I could think about was that it was Christmas Eve morning and she probably had all his presents bought and wrapped and ready to put under the tree.  It's an unthinkable situation in general but I think the fact that it was Christmas Eve morning breaks my heart even more.

However, it sure puts things into perspective for me.  I have many changes coming in 2015 - some are happy, some are sad, and some are going to be downright difficult (like saying goodbye to my bff) but whatever I will be going through is nothing compared to that.

I am looking forward to an exciting 2015...moving to Orlando will top the list.  Being near my boys again and my parents and sister again makes me so happy.  

Anyway, today was cool and cloudy/rainy/sprinkling which is a stark contrast from the weather we've been having lately.  Mom, Zack, and I went out to Cracker Barrel for breakfast/lunch and that was about it for the day.  I took Ollie for a couple walks, we had meatballs and mashed potatoes for dinner, and I watched Lifetime movies while sipping on a glass of wine...#iamapartyanimal.

No pictures today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...