Thursday, December 18, 2014

Day One

Another Florida Christmas trip is upon us...unbelievable.  We are going to make an effort to savor every moment since it will be our last.  It's hard to believe we have been doing this for 9 straight years.  

We actually left about 3:30 yesterday afternoon.  We did the same thing a couple years ago to avoid a snowstorm.  There was no snowstorm this year but the boys were really wanting to do two nights in a motel and I liked the idea of shorter driving days and not having to wake up so early.

We ran into a little bit of traffic in Milwaukee and a small bit of traffic while going around Chicago but otherwise the driving was good.  

We stopped at the Lake Forest Oasis for pretzels and soda:


There were a group of students there from some school and one of the teachers/chaperons accused me of taking a picture of the kids. I had to show her the images on my camera to prove to her I was not some kind of weirdo pedophile who has nothing better to do than hang out at an interstate oasis and take pictures of teen kids.

Anyway, We stayed the night in Lafayette, Indiana at a Super 8...I love Super 8's because I know they accept pets.  I don't really enjoy pulling into a motel parking lot, walk in to registration only to find out they don't accept dogs, and then have to get back in the car to find something else.

Today we drove through the rest of Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, and into Georgia.  Easy drive with no real traffic tie-ups.

We are staying in Dalton, Georgia at a Super 8...and (of course) we went to Cracker Barrel.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...