Thursday, January 1, 2015

Day Fifteen

What can I say about today?  

It was a long. long, awaited day.

Mom, Bon, Zack, and I headed over to the Daytona Ale House towards dinner time to devour some good food while taking in the "game of the year" - FSU and Oregon.  



You can just barely see the score at this point in the game was 8-3.

I had very little doubt that this game would be a blowout as I have been saying all year how over rated Florida State was...and even though they were undefeated, it took so many bizarre endings and unbelievable finishes to accomplish that.  If I believed in luck I would say they got lucky in at least 4 of their wins this year.

But don't listen to me because I'm pretty much just a bitter Gator's fan - I can admit it.  

Let the final score of the game do my talking


Oregon destroys Florida State in 59-20 semifinal win



My mom claims that Zack and I are enjoying this loss "a little too much"...C'mon man - when you're a Gator fan and you have had nothing at all to cheer about the past two years - we gotta have something?  Right?

But seriously, I give Winston kudos for staying on the field after the game for handshakes when 3/4 of his teammates bolted for the locker rooms in a show of very poor sportsmanship.

But they did not have a monopoly in the poor sportsmanship category as Oregon fans showed their own bit of lack of class by chanting, "no means no" to the tune of the Florida tomahawk chop song as a reference to Winston's recent rape charge.  

The day was twice as sweet as the Big 10 did very well in all their bowl games and showing that they may just be making a surge to be a very tough conference to be taken seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...