Thursday, December 4, 2014

My Ten Funniest Teacher Moments #6-10

Continuing with the funniest teacher moments

#6 - One of the 5th grade boys had been reading Tom Sawyer and, as I was talking to him, he mentioned Huckleberry Finn. The following conversation took place:
Boy next to us interrupts:
"Ooooh, I love that guy.  I watch him all the time."
Me:  "He's on TV?"
Boy: "Yeah, the cartoon network"
Me: "They have a cartoon about Huckleberry Finn?"
Boy: "Uh Huh...I love that blue dog.
Me: "Oh, I think you are talking about Huckleberry Hound."

#7 - 3rd grade math class..a story problem on the worksheet said:
Mrs. Pangoni is on a diet. She can have 1,200 calories every day.  How many calories should she have for each of her three meals?

Child brings me his worksheet and says:
"Uh...I'm thinking maybe 200..."

He has no work on his paper and I have no idea how he came to this conclusion so I ask:
"oh...okay, how would you come up with 200 calories?"

Child says as serious as can be:
"maybe a piece of pie?"

#8 - I was helping a first grade girl with her reading assignment when out of the blue she looks at me and says, "well, we just about have your surprise birthday party planned."  It wasn't a surprise anymore.

#9 - I was working one on one with a Kindergarten boy who was falling behind in reading.  We were going through a list of sight words and I was reading the words and pointing to them as I read.  I noticed the boy was not following along but rather was staring at me.
Me: "Robert, you should be looking at these words as I am reading them."
Robert: "Oh, I'm sorry.  Your nose looks much bigger up close."  
Thanks

#10 - Susan B Anthony was featured in the 4th grade Weekly Reader so before reading the article I asked the students if they knew who she was.
Me:  "Does anyone know who Susan B Anthony is?"
Not one student raises their hand
Me: "I'll give you a hint...she was very important in the lives of women."
I see one girl with her hand up:  "Did she invent make-up?"  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...