Friday, December 19, 2014

Day Two

The alarm went off at 7:45 and we hit the ground running. A couple showers later we were packing up the car and heading out the door.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate driving through Georgia?  Well...I do.  This time wasn't as bad because they seem to have FINALLY finished all the construction they have been working on for the past 10 years!   But there are so many speed limit changes and I cannot keep up with them.  I'll be driving along and cars will be passing me constantly and I'll notice the speed limit has changed from 60 to 70...or...the opposite will happen and I will notice the speed limit has changed from 70 to 60.


Oh lovely Chick-fil-a...one sure way to know you're in the south


Our usual exit 2 gas station stop before crossing into Florida

The lovely green grass and palm trees of Florida

Driving I10 through the Ocala National Forest

Not quite the 86* of last year - but still nice.  And noticed we are moving at 0mph.  A little traffic tie-up just west of Jacksonville.

Palm Coast water tower (we lived in Palm Coast)

I love palm trees

CJ and Jon's old Elementary School - such memories

We arrived at my parent's house at about 4:30 which is much earlier than usual.  


We have arrived - Plantation Oaks

Checking in at the gate

After unpacking the car the boys played some football and we went to get some pizza. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...