Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Day Thirteen

Today was another "g-r-e-a-t" day.

I'm just being real here...as embarrassing as it may be

I confess that my almost 16 year old sulked and pouted for 45 minutes this morning because he did not have enough Christmas money to buy a WiiU.  

Now, standing alone, the situation bothered me because a 16 year old is a little too old to be sulking - much less sulking for 45 minutes.

But what really bothered me in all of this is that it really shed light on the inability he has to problem solve in certain circumstances and his inability to cross hurdles in his path and make a plan to get to a desired goal.  


So...long story short...I lost my temper...got VERY upset...and it took a while to calm down.  Add to that the residual effect of a migraine from the day before and it was not a pretty picture.  

By evening, with a plan in motion to work toward a WiiU, we set off for dinner at Steak-n-Shake and a trip to Target to spend a portion of his Christmas money (while saving some of his Christmas money).  
image from google


$3.99 for a double burger and fries

Surely, this will not go down as one of the better Christmas trips we have had.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...