Friday, January 31, 2014

Lord, Save My Sanity Please

I think I explained in an earlier post that I like to make things as easy on me as possible when teaching and one of the ways to do that is to make sure that all students are listening to the directions.

Another way I do this is to type out all the directions for the older students to follow explaining explicitly what they are to do.

Despite this...I STILL get questions and it boggles my mind!

Example...
4th grade this morning
When they came in, these were the directions by their computers

Typing Master
Lesson 5.7
Lesson 5.8
Lesson 6.1

2 Minute Typing test Tale of Peter Rabbit
View and print results
Find your old test...put your new test on top of the old one...staple together
Compare Net words per minute for candy
Put in the 4th grade box
Free time

Most of that you probably didn't understand but they do...because we have been doing this all year so they know the Typing Master drill by now.

Listed below are the questions I got asked today:

- Are we supposed to do Lesson 6.1?
- Do we put the new test on the top or the bottom?
- Are we supposed to look at the net speed or the gross speed
- What should we do when we are finished
- Where should I put this? (finished test)

Not to mention I found someones test in the 4th grade box not stapled and one test that didn't make it into the box at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...