Sunday, January 26, 2014

Tournament Day

I knew it was going to be great day when I found out I could sleep in. Because Zack's team was ranked the #1 seed in the tournament which earned them a first round bye.

The first game wasn't until 11:20 - and it was never even a close game.  



Zack played the entire first quarter and a portion of the third quarter.  He had 8 points.  Coach mostly played those who usually don't get much playing time.  


Boys had their eye on the 1st place trophy after the win


The win meant they didn't play again until the championship game at 7:30.  And it was no surprise who they ended up playing.

They played amazing in the first half (Zack's team is home)


Unfortunately, some great 3 point shooting in the second half meant that the lead was cut to two by the middle of the 4th quarter.

This is the point when I had to excuse myself and use the bathroom.  My coping skill when things get too nerve wracking for me.  

By the time I returned things were looking much better and unfortunately I missed a clutch basket by Zack.

Final score:
Win by 9

Great win. Zack had 11 points and 9 rebounds, a block, two steals, and several assists.  This was by far his best game this year.

First place trophy, some incredible boys, and two amazing coaches


Some goofiness to remind everyone they are still in Middle School




I won't tell you whose idea the goofiness was.  Okay...his name starts with a Z and ends with a k

The girls also played in the tourney and took third place


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...