Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day Nineteen - 2014

The drama continues...

After getting all packed up this morning and ready to go, I decided to check the internet for freeway conditions (which I never do).


I am so glad I did because I found out that travel throughout Northern Indiana was still pretty hazardous and that I65 was actually closed at three different points. 


One, just north of here was for an accident and only affecting the northbound lane but the other two were north of Indianapolis and the whole interstate was shut down due to conditions.


The kind desk clerk offered us an alternative - a highway that runs parallel to 65 that would lead to I 70 and then we could take I 70 into Illinois and go from there.


Except - I 70 was also closed due to weather conditions.


I was beginning to feel like this had to all be a bad dream.  


After phone calls and fighting my inner demons we decided it was best to just hunker down another night in Indiana.

Well, Ollie.  What should we do?


Stranded at a motel? May as well go swimming

and of course we need to bring the football to pass around


touchdown



No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...