Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Did I Mention I Love This Guy?

Monday after Zack's game, I encouraged him to talk to his coach.  No good will ever come from whining and complaining about a situation and not taking steps to improve it.

The conversation between them lasted only a few minutes but I could tell Zack was fighting back some tears.

Fast forward to yesterday...I get an e-mail from his coach asking if he could meet with us after school to talk.  

Apparently, he felt so bad for Zack that he could not fall asleep until 2:00 in the morning.  He loves Zack, he depends on Zack, he counts on Zack...and when Zack hurts he is hurting as well.

The meeting lasted 45 minutes.  We had snow yesterday and he was busy - getting text messages constantly about snow plowing jobs he had. But he sat there and listened to Zack's concerns and validated his feelings.  I can't go into everything that was said but, needless to say, he sees the same concerns and has been working on ways to fix them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...