Monday, June 29, 2015

The Laundry Lode

I've never minded doing the laundry.  In truth, laundry has actually been one of the chores I enjoy the most.  I love folding (and smelling) nice clean, warm clothes.   

Unfortunately, doing laundry at my last apartment was more of a nightmare. First, I always had to be sure to have quarters available which required visits to the bank a couple times a month.  Then, there was only one washing machine available so that meant running the risk of the machine being already in use.  Finally, and most frustrating, the dryer sucked!!!!  It took two dry cycles just to semi dry the clothes. After that, I refused to plug another $1.50 in the machine so I would take the clothes up to the apartment and fold what was completely dry while laying out various clothing items all over the table, counters, chairs, etc to air dry overnight.  

Thankfully, doing the laundry here is a dream compared to that.  The machines don't take quarters.  Rather you buy a laundry card and load it with money using a machine on the property.


There are seven laundry facilities on property and each facility consists of several washing machines and dryers.



And the dryers actually work!!!  

Doing laundry is fun again.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...