Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Orientation Day Two- Check!

Today was a pretty long day...9:00-5:00.  

It's been a long time since I've worked a 9 - 5 job and, thankfully, these will not be my regular hours.  I will probably work 20-22 hours a week but have no idea how that will look (a couple long days or several short days).  

Most of this 2 day orientation has been pretty helpful and probably needed for the younger team members. But I have worked in a professional field for 20+ years so I know how to be respectful to even the most ornery of customers and am mature enough to keep negative comments off social media sites.  

We had a little fun this morning and were sent (by table assignments) out to the park in groups of 8-10 to go on a scavenger hunt and ride a ride. 

Our group was given ET.  

As we walked to the ride I couldn't help but feel as if I was chaperoning a group of kids on a field trip.  Not that they acted immaturely - they were very kind and helpful.  More because every other person in the group was either in their late teens or early twenties.  I'm sure  many of those who saw us walking around the park thought that I was there to provide adult supervision.  Ha!

Another fun thing today is that we got to get our uniform and try it on.  They have all the uniforms on hangers in a warehouse so after locating the specific uniform you need, you have to take it to a checkout and your employee ID is scanned, along with the the parts of your uniform, linking you to those items.

Once your uniform is checked out you proceed to the locker room to change and are assigned a locker to keep your things in.  After your shift you simply change back to your street clothes and put the uniform in laundry chutes.  

You can opt to take the uniform home which I did because I was looking for a way to increase my laundry load...ahem... No thanks.

After I got home C.J. came over and we had pizza and watched Dexter - the end of season 3.Cannot wait to start season 4!  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...