Friday, June 26, 2015

The Brazil Effect

I had to do my weekly grocery shopping today so Zack and I headed over to the Target off of Conroy Road.  As long as we were going over that way we also made our first visit to the Millenia Mall  and ate at the food court and picked up a new pair of shoes for Zack.  He has been wearing his shoes to the pool (even though he has a perfectly good pair of flip flops) and so his shoes were in pretty rough shape.  

As we were walking into Target I noticed a tour bus pull up to the entrance - how lovely.   I was having a silent discussion with myself about getting the shopping done in a hurry and getting the heck out of there as I was standing in produce, when the front doors opened and a horde of people rushed in, grabbed carts, and took off in a hundred different directions.   And they were loud!   I mean loud! Very LOUD!  And obnoxious!  

They all had on matching shirts...different colors but the same design and the same words.  And, of course, there on the sleeve of their shirts was the Brazilian Flag.



There were people of all ages on this tour bus. Some were families with children but most of them were teenagers.  While shopping I came upon  10 aisles where their carts were blocking me from moving.  

Another visual:





And of those 10 aisles...exactly 1 of those people moved for me so that I could get through!  A couple of them seemed oblivious to me standing there but most of them looked me right in the eye and just kept standing there blocking my way until the felt good and ready to move.

And this is a first for me --- teenagers playing tag in a Target store!  Yep.  Darting in and out of aisles...running between racks of clothes...dodging, weaving, swerving, and bumping into people without a single thought of apologizing.  

I couldn't get out of there fast enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...