Friday, June 19, 2015

Living in a Vacation Destination

Orlando is really a beautiful city.  Most places are well kept and inviting because they want to attract the tourists to their business.  

I love palm trees and think they are so beautiful  and there are an abundance of them here.  





Most times the traffic doesn't bother me - but - I discovered that I need to avoid Central Florida Parkway and International Drive between 5:00-7:00.

Here is what I DON'T like...

The tourist holding up a whole lane of traffic just because they are in the wrong lane!!!!

Traffic lights at busy intersections last forever and it has happened to me twice in the past three days where I have sat behind a car attempting to change lanes at the last second and have missed green lights because of it.

I made a nice diagram for a visual


As you can see, I am behind a tourist preventing any cars behind him/her from getting through the green light because he needs to be in the left turn lane (which currently has a red light because that's the way they do things here).  And it is not as easy as changing lanes to go around the car because cars are speeding by you in the other lane one after another. 

My question is - why can't this person go straight through the light and then turn around?  Makes more sense to me than holding up a line of traffic.  











No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...