Monday, June 8, 2015

Squirrelfriends

I have only had two dogs in my life - three if you count Chelsea.  Chelsea never belonged to me but she did live with me for 3 or 4 years.  

Neither Chelsea nor my 1st dog, Laddie, were hunting dogs.  Laddie was a Shetland Sheepdog so he was a herder by nature. He took pleasure in making sure all his "people" were in the same room.  Chelsea was a Golden Retriever and her main instinct was to surrender.  She would surrender to anything from another dog to a frog.  

But Ollie...oh my Ollie is a hunter at heart.  He is loving the fact that our apartment complex is over run with squirrels.  On any given walk we will come upon 3 or more squirrels and inevitably Ollie will stalk them and then tear after them as they run for the nearest tree.  

Sometimes they will run halfway up the tree and then turn around to see what it was that forced them into protection mode.  A couple times they have even gotten vocal as if saying, "na-na-na-na-na" teasing him because he wasn't successful in the hunt.  

I call them Ollie's "squirrelfriends".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...