Monday, June 22, 2015

Why I'm Glad My Kids Are Older

Parties!

Yep, parties.

I will confess that I have about 5% creativity and this amount worked well when planning parties for my kids.

Some paper plates, napkins, a cake, a few decorations and BAM...a party.

However, now days, "themed" parties are the way to go. Everything including the party games, treat bags, and even food revolve around the theme of the party.

Creative names accompany trays of every day food.  Treat bags have some kind of creative saying to go along with the theme of the party.  Even the decorations are elaborate.

For example:

I came across this Frozen themed birthday party


Melted snow for water...blizzard bags, frozen hearts, warm hugs, and let it go wands

Check out those popcorn holders. 

who has the time to decorate jars for milk complete with a scarf?? And those straws?


How about this Christmas party



Complete with creative signs




Love the flying powder...also that Dancer gained 7 pounds last Christmas




Even the sign placards are adorable

Not just milk but snow chilled milk -  complete with candy cane straws



Treat bags for a cowboy themed party



Food for a Hawaiian themed party 
I'm pretty sure if I had to throw a party for my kids in this day and age the attendees would be yawning with boredom and underwhelmed by the food and decorations.  

I'm glad my party planning days are over. 





1 comment:

  1. All of these birthday party arrangements are stunning. These photos are making me so impressed to host a wonderful party for my own kid’s 7th birthday. I think the indoor set up would be perfect in this summer so would like to book the local convention center. Hoping to find one at affordable rates.

    ReplyDelete

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...