Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Universal Monday

C.J. and Jon both get free tickets to Universal because they work there.  I think they get so many a month and they accumulate.  C.J. apparently has a lot of accumulated tickets so he invited us to go with him Monday night.  

Usually we only got to go at Christmas when we were visiting and the park would be packed with people and we felt pressured to fit everything into that one day time span knowing it would be another year before we came back.  

Monday night Zack and I kept saying to each other, "I can't believe we live here now and can come back any time we want to."  We had a great time.

We picked C.J. up at 4:55 (a tad late as I got lost) and went to Zaxby's for dinner and then headed to the park.

We pick up our tickets at the will call kiosks.



C.J. orders the tickets ahead of time using my name as it appears on my credit and debit cards.  Unfortunately, he used my old name and I changed the name on my debit card when I had to get a new one last week because of fraud...and I did not bring my credit card with me. So, in short, the kiosk would not spit out our tickets and we had to get in the customer service line.  We were 3rd in line but by the time we got to the window there were at least 6 or 7 people waiting behind us because the two in front of us took foorreevveerr!!!!!  Of course, our situation took all of two minutes.

Once in the park we jumped right on the mummy.  I wasn't able to do this ride at Christmas because of back issues so this ride was a must! We even got the front row.  The poor lady next to me had to get off because she was too fat and the bar wouldn't close to an acceptable level.  I felt bad because I'm sure she was embarrassed.  



After The Mummy we went Men in Black and then to the Simpsons where we ran into a very wonderful young man working.
 He was giving out seat assignments and gave us our very own vehicle #paystohaveconnections





It had been sprinkling lightly before we got on the  ride but by the time we got off, it was raining a bit harder...not pouring but still not great to be walking around so we got some ice cream and found a nice dry spot to sit.

Sadly, this was our view:
Not a real snake

I hate snakes!!!

I got the salted caramel blondie ice cream and it tasted mostly like butter pecan.  Very good but next time I want to try the earl and lavender.  

We were going to watch the fireworks but decided to save that for another day.  Instead we took the train over to Islands of Adventure and went on Cat in the Hat and Spiderman.

The park was so empty there was no one walking around and we were able to walk right on both rides.





No line to wait in



Completely empty



No one walking around

Spiderman also did not have a waiting line

Walking right through




A great night and I am hoping for many more like this in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...