Monday, September 28, 2015

Sharing Cheetos with Squirrels

There is a big bridge at work that joins two areas of the park.  The bridge is open for tourists during busy times but otherwise is closed and only employees are allowed to use it. 

Anyway, squirrels hang out around this bridge and are constantly fed by the tourists so they have no fear of human interaction at all.  If anything, when the bridge is closed they crave human interaction. 

Today I was walking over the bridge and decided to share my Cheetos with a squirrel that, as soon as he saw me, walked right up to me.  Little by little more squirrels appeared and soon I was trying to divide my Cheetos between four squirrels.  They take the food right out of your hand (with their paws of course not their mouth).  




Listening to all the crunching as they nibbled away was pretty cute.  
I really am that close to them too...I did not crop these photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...