Thursday, September 3, 2015

There Has To Be A Crazy Idiot In Every City

Big Big news in Orlando today...

an escaped king cobra is loose and slithering his little body around somewhere here in this city. If you know anything about me you know that I HATE SNAKES!!!!!  I mean completely freaked out. Yep...remember this?

according to the National Geographic website the venom of a king cobra is poisonous enough to kill 20 humans or the equivalent of an elephant.  How nice!

I was thinking about adding a picture but I cannot even stand to look at snakes!!!  

In reality, the house the snake escaped from is nowhere near where I live...but in my snake fearing irrational mind any vicinity that includes my city's name is too close for comfort.

First question?

What kind of an idiot keeps this as a pet?  
According to the news it is reality TV "star" Mike Kennedy.  

Second Question?

How can you be so negligent as to let it escape?
Well, it was evidently an act of nature. After a series of storms, a tree limb fell on the house where the snake's cage was, and the ensuing flooding allowed him to escape.  

Third question?

Why would anyone be allowed to keep a highly poisonous snake in a residential area?
This one has yet to be answered.  But apparently he did have a license to own it and other venomous snakes.  

But really, no worries because, according to Kennedy, "one has a greater chance of being struck by lightning than getting hurt by this animal".  I feel better now.  NOT


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...