Saturday, September 19, 2015

My First HHN Experience

*Picture overload*

In a nutshell
- The house were amazing
- The shows were great
- The scare zones were fun (and a couple times scary)

It is always nice to spend an evening with my boys. I spend a lot of time with CJ and Zack but Jon is rarely with us so I was very happy he came along last night.  And while this isn't his thing and he didn't go through any houses with us, he met us for the shows and we squeezed in a ride on the Simpsons.  

This picture sums up the moods: C.J. equates this day to Christmas morning and couldn't smile big enough while Jon - well, Jon is just there.
Who is ready for HHN?  Any guesses?  

The weather was gorgeous for opening night - in the 80's and no rain at all

We got there early so we walked through the first scare zone when it was still light out.  



The "Chain Gang"

Our inaugural activity was the Jack Show at 7:45.  











By this time it was dark out so we went back through the icons scare zone...
The Director


The Usher

The Storyteller

but, curiously, the Caretaker was nowhere to be found???

Our initial house was American Werewolf in London and is my favorite so far.  I was just happy that no one or nothing jumped out at me. The whole atmosphere was overwhelming at first and that may have put me over the edge.  There are no pictures or videos allowed inside the houses.

Also no pictures or videos are allowed in Bill and Ted's show but I got a quick picture of the set before the show started. 

And they are pretty diligent about recognizing who is taking pictures and videos. The guy next to me had his cell phone out like he was recording and they were on him almost immediately!

25 years of HHN

We did three houses tonight - American Werewolf in London, The Purge, and Run - all the scare zones, and the two shows.  

The rest of the pictures are of past HHN props located in the gift shop. Of course C.J. knew where every single one of them was from and told me all the stories to go along with them.







I just happened to get C.J. in the shot as he was walking past

















Back at it tomorrow night...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...