Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Add This to the List of Things I Don't Understand


 Why a person feels the need to tell everyone else how to do their job...and why everything you try to do is wrong!

Yep...everyone I work with (and for) is very nice and fun to be around - except one.

And although this person works behind the line as a "cook" she must possess a level of intelligence that the rest of us are missing because she has no problem telling the servers how to this, how to do that, where to put this, where to put that, etc... and basically she is just not a pleasant person to be around.

Examples:
- A few weeks ago, when we were at the height of tourist season, I noticed that the two girls at the station next to me were struggling to fill their orders.  A quick tutorial on how the system works: the customer orders at the cashier stand. After they pay they get a receipt and their food order comes out of a machine on a piece of paper so that we can grab it and fill the order. Anyway, they had an unusually high number of tickets waiting so, when I had a down time, I went over to help them. I grabbed one of the tickets which was for a cheeseburger.  I went over to this person (I will call her KIA for Know it All) and asked for a cheeseburger...here is the conversation:
Me:"Could I please get a cheeseburger."
KIA: "I already made that." We only had about 3000 cheeseburger orders at the time so I don't know how she knows she made it already for the ticket in my hand...but whatever.
Me: "Well I have a ticket in my hand that says cheeseburger so could you please make another one?"
KIA: Ranting while making a cheeseburger for me "You guys are SO SLOW!" I already made that cheeseburger like 15 minutes ago. You guys need to get your act together and communicate with each other."

Next situation:
This time she was working the Asian food section.  Again a little tutorial of the way things work.  The food order is electronically sent and it appears on a screen in the kitchen.

I had an order for Asian food so I walked over by her.

KIA:" What you want?" She said it exactly like that. 
Me: "I have an order for sweet and sour chicken"
KIA: "My screen aint  workin so don't just stand there - you gotta tell me what you want."  

20 minutes later

Me: "I need a sweet and sour chicken please."
KIA: "I know"
Me: "Oh OK. Is your screen working now?"
KIA: "It been workin" 

Next Situation:
Working burgers again and the screen is not working again so she tells us we need to verbally notify her when we need something.  Eventually she gets overwhelmed with everyone shouting orders at her so she tells us to put the tickets on the counter in front of her and she will look at the order and make the appropriate food.

30 minutes later I had an order for 3 cheeseburgers so  I place my ticket on the counter.
KIA:" don't put your ticket there. I aint even looking at those. You need to tell me what you want." Said in a snotty tone.  

Ugh! Seriously...how do you get along with a person like this?

Next situation:
We had run out of trays so someone went to the kitchen and brought some out. They were wet because they had just gone through the dishwasher.  This is nothing new...it happens all the time.
KIA:" you guys need to dry those off.  Go get a rag and dry those off."
As if we have time to stop serving food and make the customers wait so we can  dry off 100 food trays.  

And this one takes a lot of nerve!!!
One of our managers came out to chit chat with us and decided to help me out by grabbing a chili dog for me.  Only the customer didn't want the chili on it (on the receipt it will print as 'chili dog -  no chili).  

So he returned the chili dog, apologized, and asked her to make another hot dog.

She- freaked- out!!!
"why you doing that...that not even your job. You didn't even look at the ticket to see what it said did you?  You need to get out of here and let these girls do their job."

Oh Yes She DID!  

I really try to get along with everyone but with this gal it's going to be tough.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...