Thursday, June 16, 2016

Best Friend Visit Day One - Celebration

I am so excited...last night I picked up my best friend in the whole world at the airport! And as an added bonus, my boss was able to find someone to cover my shifts at work so I am off the whole time she is here!!!!!

So...on to day one:

Since moving to Orlando, I have really wanted to go to Celebration

But despite being only 15 minutes away, I just never got there.  

With my best friend visiting right now, it seemed the perfect opportunity to finally make the little jaunt.  

Let's just say it lived up to every expectation! The word that continued to come to mind was quaint. 

 In fact, I really want to live there someday.  Of course, not in one of the stately and colonial-style homes...but I would love to find a condo there.  

On the way to the town square, we were sidetracked by the fascinating homes and charming neighborhoods.All the homes look as if they were built around the turn of the century but, at the same time, are exquisitely maintained.  The only down side is that none of the homes had much of a yard to speak of.  

They were extremely beautiful though.  I'm sure we looked pretty odd driving down the streets at 5mph and snapping picture after picture.



















We made our way to the Town Center, parked the car, and walked around.  Zack went and sat by the river while Carey and I looked around in some of the quaint shops around town. 




Movie Theater 











One of the stores was called Woof Gang Bakery 





It sells gourmet dog treats, among other things. The dog treats were unlike anything I had ever seen before. The frosting was made with either yogurt or carob.







Muttcakes - (lol)


I will definitely be going back...soon.  

Also on the agenda today was a shopping trip to Wal-Mart, dinner at the Golden Corral (crazy, crazy expensive!), and we wrapped up the evening by watching 3 episodes of Downton Abbey season one.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...