Sunday, June 19, 2016

Best Friend Visit - Day Four

Father's Day

We drove over to Daytona Beach to have pizza with my sister and my parents.  

We were fortunate to miss a huge, long, traffic tie-up at the I 4/I 95 interchange.  Thank goodness by the time we got there the accident had been cleared and all lanes were open again.  

After we ate, we went 20 miles out of our way (one way) so that Carey could see my mom and dad's house...my mom's idea, of course.  

At night, Carey and I watched a couple episodes of Downton Abbey in my bedroom so Zack could watch game 7 in the living room.  The outcome was not what he wanted so there was a bit of a "meltdown" before bed. I'm not sure how to help him handle these disappointments better. Truthfully, he reacted better to the Lightning's loss in game 7 than to this one! And it's not that he likes the Warrior's...he just hates Lebron James.  

He did eventually get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...