Thursday, May 28, 2015

Moving Day 3

So glad this day is over.  

 3/5 of our traveling party have an annoying cold.  Two members got the cold a few days ago and are on the mend now, but the other one -ahem me - felt it starting last night so today I spent a lot of time feeling like a wadded up ball of used Kleenex.  

We weren't on the road a half hour when we ran into - what else - construction.  In Nashville.  



I65 north was closed so all traffic was being funneled into this exit 44A which, as you can see by the indicating arrows, was only two lanes.  So! Much! Fun!

Construction how I hate thee.




Somewhere in southern Tennessee we were "blessed" to come upon this car




In this picture she (driver) is passing me - for the 6th time!  One of my pet peeves is people who cannot keep a relatively constant speed on an interstate or highway. This lady's speed fluctuated by at least 15-20 mph while I had my cruise set at 75. So she would pass me doing about 80 mph and then suddenly just slow down to 60 mph so that I had to pass her.  




And then...guess what?  



Bumper to bumper merging into one lane




I found this sign hilarious




Since this was our speed at the time




We found a Burger King for lunch




And then the real fun started as we drove through one severe rainstorm after another.




We drove through downpours that had us slowed down to 30 mph at times and still hydroplaning all over the road.  It didn't help that my tires are terrible.  




I wasn't crazy about our travel route either which had us on some off the track highway meandering through several towns and having stoplights in said towns.  

Entering I10 - behind a semi truck of course.



We wanted to make it to Tallahassee but cold + storms + construction = a very stressed driver so we stopped about an hour west of there in Marianna, Florida.  

My parents didn't make it as far and are staying in Dothan, Alabama which means I have a room to myself tonight.  



Well, plus the dog.

Tomorrow we arrive at our new home in Orlando.  There are several excited people here. 

1 comment:

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...