Saturday, May 16, 2015

Last Time in Iron Mountain???

Iron Mountain was a big part of my childhood.  My grandma and grandpa lived there so when I was a child we would go up about 5  weekends a year to visit.  After the boys came, we made it a point to bring them up to see their great-grandparents at least 3-4 times a year.  

Even after we moved to Florida in 1999, we knew we would have reason to come back to Iron Mountain because grandma and grandpa were still alive and my mom and dad had their summer home up here.

Now, grandma and grandpa are gone, my parents have sold their summer home, and with the Florida move coming up, I don't know when we would ever have reason or opportunity to come back there.

So we decided to come up this weekend and visit all our favorite spots that hold many memories for us.  

My view as I drive:


The ski jump:  I don't know how many times we have visited this place but it has become synonymous with Iron Mountain.  The view is really great and it turned into a beautiful day outside.  







C.J. is the brave one and likes to climb all the way to the top...I've joined him - once.




Almost There


Resting at the top

There are steps that people could buy plaques and have something engraved on them and then put on the steps. These are some of my favorites.






and these are the two "famous: people who grew up in Iron Mountain:
Tom Izzo 

Steve Mariucci

After the ski jump we headed over to Main Street Pizza for dinner.  This is the second best pizza we've ever had.  Oddly, it is not on Main Street.


Unfortunately no one had any quarters so we couldn't play the pinball/gumball game.  

Lastly, we headed over to Norway, Michigan to walk Strawberry Lake...it was beautiful.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...